Wednesday 14 March 2007

Aah, Spring!


I was supposed to be doing housework when I went outside to check the gate was closed before letting our dog out, but got enticed to stay a little while by the sun, warm on my back. So I decided to get my laptop out, and sit outside while waiting for the washing to finish. The sun was so bright that I had to move the table into the shade in order to see what was on the screen.

The motorway is only a few metres from our house, but we don't really notice the noise, so I sat listening to the birds chatting away and the sounds of their wings brushing against the leaves of the bushes and trees.
A thrush has built a nest filled with feathers in the yew tree in our garden. I discovered it recently after following a trail of feathers from near our door. It looked like someone had had a pillow fight and lost, there were so many! I'm going to be keeping an eye on the nest to see if I can see the chicks making their first flights.

Well, the washing needs to be hung out, so I shall leave you with a picture of some primroses from the garden.


2 comments:

Deb said...

Looks like the perfect spot to sit, enjoy the sunshine and blog!! Wonderful post.

Psybernoid said...

Hmmm.
Laptop+Mouse=either Kyodai, Peggle or Dynomite I reckon ;>