Sunday 11 March 2007

First Post

Welcome to The Cottage on the Hill.

Here I will write about my crafty endeavours, latest thrifted finds, cooking, and life in general in the Welsh hillside cottage I share with my husband, 15 year old son, a dog, 2 kittens and a goldfish.


Today is Sunday, and that usually means I will be cooking a roast for dinner, but J, my son, defrosted some pork chops by mistake a couple of days ago, (he thought it was bacon, and was very disappointed to find he wouldn't be having bacon sarnies that evening) so I need to use those.


I will be making spicy orange pork chops for the boys, and a quorn fillet version for me (I don't eat meat). The
recipe is a big hit with everyone. I serve it with sweet potato wedges and steamed carrots.

As I won't be spending hours cooking a roast, I might also make some cakes. I got a new vibrant pink silicon bun pan yesterday, so I want to try it out. I also got a new pink mixing bowl with a handle and a pouring lip. It matches my other pink mixing bowls perfectly.
I seem to have a bit of a thing for pink.


The coffee pot in the picture is one of my charity shop finds. It cost £2.75. I'm going to make a cosy for it, but I'm not sure which fabric to use. I just got some lovely fabrics from ebay and they're all so nice, I'm having trouble deciding, but I think I might go with this one.


and use this binding which I bought in Oxfam yesterday. 9 yards for 99p!


While in Oxfam, my husband saw this:


he knows I love pretty china!

4 comments:

Ragged Roses said...

Hello to a fellow new blogger! Can't wait to see what your tea cosy looks like! All the best
Kim x

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

What wonderful charity shop finds! Your china cup and saucer is so pretty. Lovely blog name ... I look forward to visiting again.

weirdbunny said...

Welcomr to the blogging community. How wonderful your from south Wales too. I live in the south Wales Vallies. Can't wait to see some of your sewing. That's my favourite thing to do.