Monday 3 September 2007

Car Booty

We went to Sully car boot yesterday. It was a good day with decent weather and lots of sellers. Last time we went, I came away empty handed, but this time, boy did I get some goodies!

Some glass dishes for £1.



A couple of cookery books. £1.50


I don't know when the Sensible Cookery book was printed, but one of my favourite bits in it is this section!


There are also pages telling you how to make a haybox cooker, and how to cook using a gas cooker. There are loads of recipes, some sound quite nice, others not so nice, such as Ragout of Cowheel. Also, I noticed that one of the recipes in the vegetarian section included dripping!
It's fascinating reading though.

I also got a preserving pan for a fiver, but the piece de resistance was this:


(not the cat of course, he's just helping to model it!)

and look what's inside





Someones old sewing box, complete with a mix of vintage and newer notions. Just £6. I'm guessing it came from a house clearance. I'm glad I can give it a new home.

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

That’s some lovely bounty! Always good to give someones sewing-box a new home!

Gill said...

Oh my! My heart is beating with yours! The sewing box, wow what a bargain...and old cookery books are great to read. I picked up a couple this week which I've got an idea to use to make some cards...possibly Christmas cards. The sensible cookery book has some good advice for us servantless folk :)

MollyKnits said...

"Silvester's Sensible Cookery" is funny. Sly can't cook a thing! Love the sewing box.

Samantha said...

Hi Jools,
lucky find - good job I didn't go otherwise we might have ended up fighthing over it!!

x

Gigibird said...

I am coming over to burgle your house and kidnap your lovely pussy cat!